Educational Development Course
- Speech-Language Pathology, Special Needs Education, Inclusive Education
- Special Needs Education and Inclusive Education
- Assessment, Diagnosis, and Clinical Interventions for Children with Communication Disorders, Study on Special Education Legislation in the United States, Comparative Study on Inclusive Education System
- Kawai, N., Healey, E. C., & Carrell, T. D. (2007) Listeners' identification and discrimination of digitally manipulated sounds as prolongations. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 122, 1102-1110.
- Evans, D., Healey, E. C., Kawai, N., & Rowland, S. (2008) Middle school students' perceptions of a peer who stutters. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 33, 203-219.
- Kawai, N. (2009) What are the physiological characteristics of stuttering?: From the perspectives of studies having investigated physiological differences between people who stutter and those who do not stutter. The Japanese Journal of Special Education, 46, 365-374.
- Kawai, N. & Carrell, T. D. (2012) Discrimination of differences in digitally manipulated phoneme length during speech. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 114, 189-203.
- Kawai, N., Healey, E. C., & Carrell, T. D. (2012) The effects of duration and frequency of occurrence of voiceless fricatives on listeners' perceptions of sound prolongations. Journal of Communication Disorders, 45, 161-172.
- Kawai, N., Healey, E. C., Nagasawa, T., & Vanryckeghem, M. (2012) Communication attitudes of Japanese school-age children who stutter. Journal of Communication Disorders, 45, 348-354.
- McKelvey, M., Evans, D., Kawai, N., & Beukelman, D. (2012) Changes in the communication style of persons with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis as the disease progresses as recounted by spouses: A phenomenological study. Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 28, 232-242.
- McKelvey, M., Beukelman, D., Kawai, N., & Evans, D. (2013) Nine suggestions for the professional support of persons with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis as recounted by surviving spouses: A phenomenological study. Perspectives on Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 22, 121-125.
- Healey, E. C. & Kawai, N. (2013) Implications of a multidimensional model of assessment for the treatment of children who stutter. Journal of the Phonetic Society of Japan, 17, 58-71.
- Forlin, C., Kawai, N., & Higuchi, S. (2015) Educational reform in Japan towards inclusion: Are we training teachers for success?. International Journal of Inclusive Education, 19(3), 314-331.