This center was re-established in June 1994 in order to reorganize and expand the Data and Specimens Center for the Atomic Bomb Disaster. It supports each division of the RIRBM and other institutes through its collection and analysis of international radiation information, redistributing the results to relevant bodies on a worldwide basis. The projects for research and service are as follows:
1. Research on collection, arrangement, preservation, and analysis of data and specimens from A-bomb disaster victims.
(Assessment of A-bomb dose at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and others.)
2. Collecting information on worldwide radioactive contamination and its analysis.
(Estimation of radiation doses to residents around Chernobyl and Semipalatinsk,
and study of diseases caused by the radiation and underlying mechanisms, examination of
the actual conditions of the radiation exposed residents in Semipalatinsk
by the questionnaire method.)
3. Promotion of international cooperative studies and organizing international symposia on radiation effects.
4. Public program of radiation information.
5. Medical assistance in radiation emergency medicine.
- 1-2-3 Kasumi,Minami-ku,Hiroshima 734-8553,JAPAN
- TEL +81-82-257-5877