- 28 Sept., 2011: Symposium web site opened.
- 6 June, 2012: Invited Speakers updated.
- 9 Oct., 2012: Registration Fees, Organizers, Accommodation updated.
- 12 Dec., 2012: Proceeding updated.
- 18 Dec., 2012: Registration, Accommodation updated.
- 18 Dec., 2012: Submitting Abstracts updated.
- 9 Jan., 2013: Registration (early registration fee deadline) updated.
- 1 Mar., 2013: The deadline for submission and early registration fee has been extended to 19 March, 2013.
- 30 Mar., 2013: Organizers updated.
- 5 Apr., 2013: Plenary and Invited Speakers' abstracts updated.
- 22 Apr., 2013: Organizers updated.
- 1 May, 2013: Advence program (only oral presentations) opened.
- 14 May, 2013: Advence program updated (all presentations).
- 14 May, 2013: Registration (Registration Desk), Social Events updated.
The ecological importance of large gelatinous zooplankton, such as cnidarians, ctenophores and salps, has been increasingly recognized since their unusual aggregations and large swarms or "blooms" have been reported frequently in many parts of the world's ocean in recent decades. In order to understand the retrospective and current trends of the blooms, their mechanisms, impacts on fisheries and marine ecosystems, countermeasures, etc., we have met regularly since 2000 when the First International Jellyfish Bloom Symposium was convened in Alabama, USA. The Second Symposium was held in 2007 at the Gold Coast, Australia, while the Third Symposium was held in 2010 at Mar del Plata, Argentina.
On behalf of the local organizing committee, we invite delegates to attend the Fourth International Jellyfish Bloom Symposium, which will be held between 5th and 7th June, 2013, at the International Conference Center in Hiroshima, Japan. Early June, just before the rainy season, is the most pleasant season of the year in Japan. The International Conference Center, being located in the Peace Memorial Park, is conveniently accessible from many nearby hotels.
Local organizing committee:
For information, contact:
Phone: +81 82 424 7940
Fax: +81 82 424 7916