International Research Symposium on Chiral Magnetism
6th-8th December 2014
Aster Plaza, Hiroshima, Japan
Aims and scope
The aim of this symposium is to carry out Japan-Russia joint research programs for the purpose of advancing collaborative research between active researchers in the field of chiral magnets (=magnetic crystals with broken chiral symmetry). In the symposium, we will discuss recent developments and future perspectives of science with chiral magnets.
The symposium will be held in Hiroshima, Japan. This symposium is jointly organized by the JSPS Bilateral Joint Research Projects/Seminars and Center for Chiral Science, Hiroshima University.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
1) Nonlinear and topological spin textures in chiral magnets
2) How to probe spin chirality and crystallographic chirality by electron, neutron, X-ray, muon, and ultrasound beams
3) Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction in crystals with broken chiral symmetry
4) Systematic synthesis of chiral magnetic crystals, including molecular-based, transition-metal, and rare-earth-based crystals
5) Physics of helical and chiral superconductivity
Please register from "Registration" button below.
*Japanese visa needed persons：31st Aug. 2014
*Japanese visa NOT needed persons for oral presentations： 31st Oct. 2014
*Japanese visa NOT needed persons for poster presentations： 10th Nov. 2014
* Sunday, December 7, 2014
* Ginga (Galaxy) - Hiroshima Bay Sunset Dinner Cruises
* Banquet fee : JPY10,000
* Hiroshima Optional Tours
* Hiroshima Dreamination 2014 (English information) (Website(Japanese))
'Hiroshima Dreamination' is beautiful illumination event at Peace Boulevard (near conference site) and held from 17.30 to 22.30 everyday during IRSChM 2014.
Pictures of Hiroshima Dreamination 2013
Please use the template file available from here and submit pdf file from "Abstract Submission" button below.
We are now updating web system for submitting poster presentations. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Deadline for oral presentations: 31st Oct. 2014
Deadline for poster presentations: 16th Nov. 2014
* The length of a manuscript including title, figures and tables should be 2 pages for oral presentations and 1 page for poster presentations.
* Color figures can be included in the manuscript, which should be visible even when the manuscript is printed in monochrome.
* Fonts need to be embedded into your PDF File to ensure the document can be correctly read on any machine.
If you don't know how to do it, please refer to here.
Jun-ichiro Kishine (The Open University of Japan, Japan)
Alexander Sergeevich Ovchinnikov (Ural Federal University, Russia)
Katsuya Inoue (Hiroshima University, Japan)