1. Strictly follow all written and verbal instructions. If you do not understand, ASK YOUR SUPERVISOR OR SENIORS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THE EXPERIMENT.
2. Everything (knowledge, protocol, experimental implementations, etc.) should be clear and clean before, during and after doing an experiment in the laboratory.
3. Conduct yourself in a responsible manner at all times in the laboratory. Be prepared for your work in the laboratory. Read all procedures thoroughly before entering the laboratory.
4. Perform ONLY those experiments authorized by your Supervisor. Unauthorized experiments ARE NOT allowed.
5. Experiments MUST BE ALWAYS personally monitored. DO NOT wander around the room, distract, startle other students or interfere with the laboratory experiments of others.
6. Carefully check the label on all chemical bottles (AT LEAST TWICE) before removing any of the contents. Take only an adequate amount of chemicals as you need for an experiment.
7.NEVER return unused chemicals to their original container.
8. Labels and equipment instructions MUST BE read carefully before use. Set up and use the equipment as directed by your supervisor or mentors.
9. Properly dispose of all chemical wastes according to the IDEC and University rules. NEVER mix chemicals in sink drains. Sinks are to be used for water only. Disposal of all chemicals and solutions MUST BE consulted with supervisors or seniors in advance.
10. Report every accident (spill, breakage, etc.) or injury (cut, burn, etc.) to your leader or seniors immediately, no matter how trivial it seems. DO NOT panic.
11. All activities as offenses, damage, negligence, harassment, and defamation are STRICTLY PROHIBITED in the lab. Immediately report to supervisors or Student Support Office when you encounter such kind of these circumstances.
12. DO NOT eat food, drink beverages, or chew gum in the experimental laboratory. DO NOT use laboratory glassware as containers for food or beverages.
ALL XUAN LAB’S MEMBERS MUST COMPLETELY PERCEIVE AND OBEY THIS RULE!