The following are some of our major outputs of research on COVID-19.
- Junyi Zhang*, Yoshitsugu Hayashi, Lawrence D. Frank (2021) COVID-19 and Transport: Findings from a World-wide Expert Survey. Transport Policy (in press)
- Shuangjin Li, Shuang Ma, and Junyi Zhang* (2021) Association of built environment attributes with the spread of COVID-19 at its initial stage in China. Sustainable Cities and Society (in press)
- Junyi Zhang (2021) People’s responses to the COVID-19 pandemic during its early stages and factors. Nature – Humanities and Social Sciences Communications (originally Palgrave Communications) (in press)
- Saori Kashima*, Junyi Zhang* (2021) Temporal trends in voluntary behavioural changes during the early stages of the COVID-19 outbreak in Japan, Public Health (in press).
- Junyi Zhang (2020) Transport policymaking that accounts for COVID-19 and future public health threats: A PASS approach. Transport Policy, 99, 405-418.
Papers under review
- Shuangjin Li#, Shuang Ma#, and Junyi Zhang* (2020) The spread of COVID-19 in China at its initial stage: A township-level analysis in association with the built environment. Nature Communications (submitted in Oct. 2020)
- Shuang Ma#, Shuangjin Li#, Zhang, J. (2020) Impacts of Inter/Intra-City Network Structures on the Spread of COVID-19 and Spatial Differences. Human Geography (in Chinese)
- Rothengatter, W., Zhang, J., Hayashi, Y., Nosach, A., Wang, K., Oum, T.H. (2021) Pandemic waves and the time after Covid-19 – Consequences for the transport sector, Transport Policy
- Yoshitsugu Hayashi, and Junyi Zhang* (2021) Transportation Amid COVID-19 Pandemics: Practices and Policies, Elsevier. (underwriting)
- Junyi Zhang*, Yoshitsugu Hayashi, Werner Rothengatter, KE Seetha Ram, Tae Hoon Oum (2021) The COVID-19 Pandemic and Transport Policy: State of the Art and State of the Practice – Observations from the International e-Conference on Pandemics and Transport Policy (ICPT2020) –. A book by ADBI Press
- One more book is under preparation
Journals: under writing
- Hongxing Ding, Junyi Zhang: Capturing Japanese people’s changes in behaviors during the COVID-19 pandemic and associated factors based on a nationwide retrospective life-oriented panel survey
- Shuang Ma, Shuangjin Li, Zhang, J.: Scenario analyses of COVID-19 policymaking in highly tourism-dependent developing countries by developing a system dynamics model: A case study on Cambodia
- Junyi Zhang et al.: Effects of Transport-related Policy Measures Addressing the Impacts of COVID-19: A Case Study on Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA
Presentations and working papers
- Junyi ZHANG, Hiroki YOSHIDA, Saori KASHIMA, Yoshitsugu HAYASHI, Hiroyuki TAKESHITA, Shuangjin LI, Shuang MA: Association of transport accessibility with the spread of COVID-19 in Japan: An analysis of the period of January to September 2020.
- Zhang, J.*, Hayashi, Y. (2020) What can be learned from experts’ open opinions on COVID-19 and Transport? Findings from a World-wide Expert Survey [working paper]
- Ding, H., Zhang, J.*, Kashima, S., Zhang, R.: The role of risk communication in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in Japan: An analysis by building a dynamic Scobit model, ICPT2020
- Ding, H., Zhang, J.*: Examining the effects of PASS-based and LASTING-based COVID-19 policy measures on changes in intercity and intracity behavioral choices in Japan by building a dynamic structural equation model with panel data , ICPT2020
- Hiroki Yoshida, H., Zhang, J.*, Kashima, S., Hayashi, Y., Zhang, R.: Human mobility, transport accessibility, and the COVID-19 pandemic: A case study in Japan , ICPT2020
- Zhang, J.*, Alhakim, B., Ding, H.: Capturing early-stage responses of Japanese people to the COVID-19 pandemic based on a life-oriented retrospective panel survey , ICPT2020
- Ma, S., Li, S., Zhang, J.*: Policy optimization for pandemic response using system dynamics in highly tourism-dependent developing countries: A case study on COVID-19 in Cambodia , ICPT2020
- Linghan Zhang, Rui Liu, Junyi Zhang, Fengzhi Sun: Tourism policy responses to COVID-19 and tourism recovery: An overview of China , ICPT2020
- Zhang, J.*, Ding, H., Dinglasa, MGA, Do, CX, Namgung, H., Nguyen, HTA, Nugroho, S., Renita, RV, Virakvichetra, L., Yoshida, H., Hayashi, Y.: Comparisons of PASS-based transport policy measures for addressing the impacts of COVID-19 in Asian countries , ICPT2020
- Zhang, R., Zhang, J. : Long-term pathways to deep decarbonization of transport sector in the post-COVID’s new normal , ICPT2020
- [invited speech] Junyi Zhang (2020) RESPONSES OF GENERAL PUBLIC AND RAILWAY OPERATORS TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AT ITS EARLY STAGES IN JAPAN. Invited speech at the 7th International Symposium on Railway Operations Research, Beijing, China, November 14-15.
- [invited speech]Hayashi Y., Zhang J, Takeshita H. (2020) The impacts of COVID-19 pandemic in transport and land use: Interpreting the results of WCTRS expert survey. Applied Urban Modelling (AUM) 2020, The Martin Centre for Architectural and Urban Studies, Department of Architecture, University of Cambridge, October 22, 2020.
- [invited speech]Zhang J. (2020) A new policymaking framework for addressing the impacts of COVID-19 and future pandemics: PASS approach and its applications. Invited speech at ADBI-Chubu University Conference on Transport Infrastructure Development, Spillover Effects and Quality of Life [online], October 12, 2020.
- Zhang J. (2020) Chairing the roundtable Session “Impacts of COVID-19 on Transport, co-organized with WCTRS COVID-19 Task Force, at ADBI-Chubu University Conference on Transport Infrastructure Development, Spillover Effects and Quality of Life [online], October 12, 2020.
- Zhang J., Alhakim B. (2020) Voluntary behavioral changes caused by COVID-19 at its early stages in Japan and LAST approach against the spread [感染拡大初期段階における自発的な行動変化の調査分析とLASTアプローチによる対策の提案]. Presented at the Online Seminar on COVID-19 organized by Committee of Infrastructure Planning and Management, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, August 8, 2020.
- Zhang J, Yoshida H., Alhakim B. (2020) 交通運輸部門におけるCOVID-19政策立案方法「PASSアプローチ」の提案とアジア・中東の都市を対象とする事例分析 [A PASS Approach for Policymaking Against COVID-19 in the Transport Sector: Proposal and Case Studies on Asian Cities], Presented at the Online Seminar on COVID-19 organized by Committee of Infrastructure Planning and Management, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, August 8, 2020. [in Japanese]
- Li S., Ma S., Zhang J. (2020) The city-level spread of COVID-19 at its initial stages in China: An analysis of its associations with the built environment factors by reflecting spatial heterogeneity, Presented at the Online Seminar on COVID-19 organized by Committee of Infrastructure Planning and Management, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, August 8, 2020.
- [invited speech]Zhang J. (2020) Impacts of COVID-19 on the Transport Sector and Measures Against Public Health Threats: Policymaking Based on a PASS Approach. Invited speech at ADBI-WCTRS Webinar Series, June 12, 2020.
- [invited speech]Zhang J. (2020) The measures taken in the railway sector against COVID-19 in Japan. Invited speech at World Bank Sustaining Transport Services in the COVID-19 Pandemic-Railway Services Webinar, May 20, 2020.
- [invited speech]Hayashi Y., Zhang J. (2020) How to fundamentally reform transport and living-work systems considering pandemics? – Infection, Resilience, QOL and Mindset -. Invited speech at World Bank Sustaining Transport Services in the COVID-19 Pandemic-Railway Services Webinar, May 20, 2020.
- others: forthcoming