- Prof. Junyi Zhang was selected as WORLD’S TOP 2% SCIENTISTS (issued by Stanford University on November 30, 2020): shown in “Table-S7-singleyr-2019.xlsx” in here.
- The following two COVID-19 papers have been among the most downloaded papers in Transport Policy.
- Prof. Junyi Zhang was elected as a member of The Engineering Academy of Japan on February 8, 2021.
From the viewpoints of mobilities and urban policy, the Mobilities and Urban Policy Lab deals with various urban, transportation, environment and energy, health and pandemics, and tourism issues from an interdisciplinary perspective, especially focusing on the development of methodologies (e.g., surveys, modeling, policy evaluation and planning) and applications of the methodologies in both developed and developing countries.
Since September 2020, Prof. Junyi Zhang has been proposing a brand new discipline “Harmonization Science”, aiming to contribute to the next development goal after the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Major research contents are as follows:
- Life-oriented Behavioral Research
- Policymaking methods based on life-oriented approach
- Urbanization caused by rural migrant workers under the New China Urbanization Policy and its impacts on low-carbon urban development
- Interdisciplinary research on policies promoting young people’s migration to and permanent residence in local cities
- Cross-border regional/urban planning in Asian developing countries
- Smart technology and urban life
- Climate change and sustainable development in developing countries
- Regional revitalization policies by making use of regional resources and culture
- Urban policies for women, the elderly, and children
- Urban policies encouraging behavioral changes
- Comprehensive research on the built environment (transport, energy, health, pandemics, etc.): Built environment as a Service (BaaS)
- Pandemics-resilient policy and planning
The citation map of our publications:
Yearly growth of our publications:
The following books include fundamental theories/methodologies developed by our lab.
Transportation Amid COVID-19 and Pandemics: Practices and Policies (Elsevier, 2021)
COVID-19 & Pandemics, Lifestyles, Human Mobilities, and Cities: Impacts, Associations, and Policymaking (Springer, 2021)